Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a Behavioral Health Home Agency?
- We are an agency that collaborates with your mental health and primary care providers.
- We offer a new way to help you manage your care.
- We are a place where you can go to receive help in getting your needs met.
- We can also help you access social services, transportation, and other supports.
How can Behavioral Health Home Services help me? We can:
- Help you make an individual plan that includes your mental health and physical health strengths, needs, and goals;
- Help you and your providers work together;
- Help you get the services and supports you need;
- Help you with referrals;
- Help you get services if you are coming home from the hospital or residential service;
- Help give you information about your care.
How is a Behavioral Health Home Agency different from my current case management services?
- It is a new way to provide case management.
- It is a team approach. You work with a case manager, a nurse, a clinical team leader, and a peer support specialist.
- It is integrated. We can help you reach your goals for both mental health recovery and physical health.
- It is a partnership. Your behavioral health home team and your primary care provider work together to better coordinate care.
- It includes client and family supports and education, so you can get information and support when you need it.
What if I don’t like this new service? You can leave the service at any time and go back to your usual case management. You can also try the Behavioral Health Home with a different provider. The choice is yours.
Will it cost me anything to be in this program? No, there is no charge to you for the service.
1821 University Avenue West, Suite #155 Saint Paul, Minnesota 55104, United States